Master Senior Certified Baptiste Instructor
E-RYT 500 Yoga Alliance
Masters of Education Degree
Lisa is a nationally recognized Senior Certified Master Baptiste yoga instructor who brings over 20 years of diverse teaching and training experience to all of her work. She has been recognized by Yoga Journal Magazine as one of the “Next Generation’s talented yoga teachers in the country.” She has been assisting and teaching with Baron Baptiste since 2002 as well as presenting at international yoga conferences.
Lisa Black is the founder and creative and innovative force behind SHAKTI Vinyasa Yoga studios. With two studios in the Seattle area, Lisa has brought her powerful energy, expertise, and passion to teaching Power Vinyasa Yoga to thousands of people over the past decade. She was the pioneer and leader in first bringing Baron Baptiste and Baptiste Yoga to the Seattle area in 2002. Lisa passionately shares the light that shines so brightly in her through this practice, her teachings, and her life.
With Lisa’s unique interactive style and powerful 'hands on' assists, Lisa has trained hundreds of yoga teachers and has been a catalyst in shaping the local yoga culture in Seattle. Her presence as a respected leader in the yoga community has provided a level of quality and integrity that continues to 'flow' back to each and every student. Her teaching ethics help maintain a strong and heartfelt level of keeping the true essence of this practice alive. Lisa teaches with love, humor, and intelligence. Her challenging and playful method of teaching empowers each person to discover their own potential in their practice and their lives.
Lisa lives in Seattle with her two children and is the creative force behind her two yoga studios. Through teaching daily classes, workshops, retreats, teacher trainings, conferences, and community events, she continues to touch and inspire thousands of people.
Lisa has lead trainings, presented workshops, or assisted at the following events:
• Baptiste Power Flow Immersion at Estes Park, Colorado
• Baptiste All-level BOOTCAMPS in Mexico and Costa Rica
• Baptiste Level 1 Teacher Trainings in Mexico
• Baptiste Level 2 Teacher Trainings in Mexico
• Baptiste Art of Assisting, Seattle, WA
• Yoga Journal Conference at Estes Park, Colorado
• Yoga Journal Conference, New York City
Shakti Vinyasa Yoga is proud to be Seattle’s leading school for Power Vinyasa Yoga training and one of the most recognized and respected studios in the country. Our comprehensive curriculum is anchored in Baptiste Yoga sequencing and methodology, emphasizing practical teaching skills and physical adjustments. Shakti Teacher Trainees graduate with a comprehensive education, ready to lead students through a safe, supportive, and empowering yoga practice. Becoming a certified yoga teacher will develop your confidence and prepare you to inspire others on their own path to physical and spiritual awakening as an impactful instructor.
If you are looking to grow your physical practice, broaden your knowledge base, or take the leap into teaching, Shakti offers a variety of training programs to support you in achieving your goals. Explore our training opportunities below and discover the path that’s right for you.
Week 2 | July 22 - 26:
- Personal Inquiry and Exploration Part 1 with Lisa Black
- Practice Teaching and Feedback
Week 3 | July 29 - August 2:
- Personal Inquiry and Exploration Part 2 with Lisa Black
- Teaching Yoga with Adaptation and Modifications
- Practice Teaching and Feedback
Week 4 | August 5 - 9:
- Anatomy for Yoga Teachers with Tina Templeman
- The Art of Hands-On Adjustments: Teacher Assisting Program with Lisa Black
Week 5 | August 12 - 16:
- Teaching Variations and Intermediate Postures
- Business of Teaching Yoga
- Final Practice Teaching with Coaching and Feedback
- Closing Celebration!